What we do
To begin with an Essential Skills in the Workplace Development Manager will meet with you and your employer to carry out an initial skills assessment.
Once we identify your needs you will be allocated your own dedicated Essential Skills Coach who will visit you in your workplace once a month to develop your skills on the job, ensuring the training is based on the precise skills you need to develop in your job role.
Develop your communication skills
Communication (including literacy) develops skills in effectively speaking, listening, reading and writing for a wide range of purposes in the workplace. The programme focuses on recognising and developing the ability of the learner to select and apply communication skills in ways that are appropriate to the working environment.
Specific areas that will be covered include:
- Understanding and responding to spoken language in a range of contexts
- Communication information, feelings, options and instructions assertively
- Taking part in formal discussions with groups of people
- Listening, understanding and clarification
- Using strategies to support what you are saying
- Presenting information and ideas clearly and confidently
- Responding to and asking questions with confidence
- Appropriate use of language in different situations
- Preparing for discussions and providing information that is relevant to the subject
- Appropriate use of body language
- Constructing compound sentences, using appropriate conjunctions
- Using punctuation correctly, including apostrophes
Learners will achieve an accredited Essential Skills in the Workplace City & Guilds qualification up to Level 2 in Communication.
Approximately 6 hours of training and development depending on the individual and business needs.
Information for Learners and Employers
Would you like to find out more about our approach to Equality and Diversity, ESDGC (Education for Sustainable Development
and Global Citizenship), Welsh Language or about becoming more involved in how we can meet your needs.
To Access our Learner Portal Click Here and to Access our Employer Portal Click Here.