What we do
To begin with an Essential Skills in the Workplace Development Manager will meet with you and your employer to carry out an initial skills assessment.
Once we identify your needs you will be allocated your own dedicated Essential Skills Coach who will visit you in your workplace once a month to develop your skills on the job, ensuring the training is based on the precise skills you need to develop in your job role.
Develop your numeracy skills
Numeracy (also known as AON - Application of Number) develops skills in using numbers to tackle a task, activity or problem by collecting and interpreting information involving numbers, carrying out calculations, interpreting results and presenting findings.
Specific areas that will be covered include:
- Identifying and using methods and calculations that are suitable for specific work related tasks
- Collecting and recording data accurately
- Reading, understanding and extracting information from tables, diagrams, charts and simple graphs
- Working to correct levels of accuracy
- Interpreting results of calculations confidently
- Reading and understanding numbers presented in different ways, including large numbers in figures or words, simple fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios and negative numbers
- Identifying appropriate ways to present your findings to a familiar audience, including the use of charts and diagrams
Learners will achieve an accredited Essential Skills in the Workplace City & Guilds qualification up to Level 2 in Application of Number.
Approximately 6 hours of training and development depending on the individual and business needs.
Information for Learners and Employers
Would you like to find out more about our approach to Equality and Diversity, ESDGC (Education for Sustainable Development
and Global Citizenship), Welsh Language or about becoming more involved in how we can meet your needs.
To Access our Learner Portal Click Here and to Access our Employer Portal Click Here.